Please select your state to visit your local MR2 club website.
The next MR2 Nationals will be held in Tasmania over the September – October long weekend in 2013.
Dates: Spirit of Tasmania departs 1 Station Pier Port Melbourne Thursday night 26th September, to arrive Devonport Friday morning 27th September 2013.
Cost to get there: $838 for an MR2 & couple – twin share inside cabin. Less for group bookings, or if you want a recliner seat for the journey.
The MR2 Nationals 2013 in Tasmania are from Saturday 28th September to Monday 30th September 2013 based in Hobart. Followed by Tuesday 1st to Sunday 6th October touring Tasmania staying in different motel accommodation each night. You are free to return to Victoria at any time that suits you.
Cost of Entry: $50.00 (non refundable after the closing date 31st July 2013)
Discount accommodation details to follow.
Friday 27th September, arrive Devonport early morning, drive to Hobart, check into accommodation and Register. Rest of the day free to wander. Join us for dinner at the closest Pub.
Saturday 28th September, Show N Shine at the Government House Gardens (TBC) 9.00 am to 1.00pm. The Saturday Salamanca Market is on just across the road. Rest of the day free to wander.
Saturday 28th September, the MR2 Nationals dinner. Venue TBC.
Sunday 29th September, cruise some of the spectacular roads around Hobart, lunch in an ocean view beach restaurant in Blackmans Bay http://www.thebeachrestaurant.com.au/lunch.htm (TBC) to take in some of the local Tasmanian hospitality. Stay and enjoy the tranquil setting or continue and complete the Tinderbox Road East and West.
Monday 30th September, MR2 only “Practice” day at historic Baskerville racing circuit near Hobart. CAMS (if you have one) or AASA licence required. Cost: $100.00 (based on 20 vehicles) AASA licence $50.00
Tuesday 1st to Sunday 6th touring Tasmania. This will take in as many of the Targa sections as possible (within posted speed limits) while enjoying the scenery and highlights Tasmania has to offer. People are free to return home at any time.
Do not miss this “Bucket List” event hosted by the MR2 Owners Club of Australia (VIC Branch) supported by the Tasmanian Crew.
Summary of costs: Entry Fee – $50.00, Ferry there and return $838 (or less) per couple, Accommodation x 10 nights – $1,200.00, Baskerville + AASA $150. Petrol $400
Program Subject to Change
Please send express your interest to Kevin Clarence
Thanks to the organisers, volunteers, sponsors and attendees for the successful event. Special thanks to our guest speaker Colin Osborne.
- Day 1 – Show n Shine
- Day 2 – Road Rally – Bright, Beechworth, Milawa
- Day 3 – Winton Motor Raceway Track Day
- Video of the Winton Track Day made by Tony from ACT
MR2 Nationals 2011 were a great SUCCESS!!!!!
50 + MR2s from Victoria, NSW, ACT, Queensland and Tasmania gethered together for what was the best Nationals Event to date. While we did not quite make the 65 to break the Australian Record of MR2s in one place, those who attended were not dissappointed. The Event covered:
Friday 30 September
- Most MR2s arrived on the Friday and were blown away by the Rally Packs filled with sponsors products.
Saturday 1 October
- MR2s continued to arrive, register and head straight to the ”Show & Shine” display in Bright. The weather was not kind and the event was re-named the “Show n Chamois” however not to be daunted everyone enjoyed the event. The afternoon was free and participants enjoyed the many sights that Bright has to offer in October.
- In the evening everyone met for the MR2 Nationals Dinner with special guest speaker Colin Osborne, who entertained the diners with stories of GTP racing, the 24 Hour Nurburgring and the unique handling abilities of the SW20. During the evening everyone received a prize from the huge array of Sponsor’s products. Then the time came to award the winners of the Show n Shine their prizes. They chose from the Yokohama ADVAN prize of $500 worth of tyres or the RDA prize of a set of disc rotors of a similar value for their particular MR2 model
Sunday 2 October
- Was the Tarmac Rally and although the snow fall during the week closed the roads through the High Country, the alternate route to Beechworth was enjoyed by everyone. Back to Bright via the Milawa Cheese Company, Brown Bros winery and a quick squirt up Mt. Buffalo was enough to whet the appetite for those competing at Winton the next day .
Monday 3 October
- Winton Raceway for a full day of practice. Only 32 cars on the track in 4 groups provided everyone with enough time for full enjoyment and was the perfect end to what was a fantastic MR2 Nationals. Stay tuned for the next MR2 Nationals in 2013.
Presented by the MR2 Owners’ Club of Australia (VIC Branch) Inc. another MR2 Club event for your enjoyment and brought to you by the generosity of our sponsors, please support them whenever possible.
MR2 Nationals 2011 Sub Committee
- RDA – Major Sponsor http://www.rdabrakes.com.au
- Yokohama Australia – Major Sponsor http://www.yokohama.com.au
- Armorall http://www.armorall.com.au
- Meguiars http://www.meguiars.com.au
- Ausway www.melway.com.au
- Yarra Valley Toyota http://www.yarravalleytoyota.com.au
- Car Sales http://www.carsales.com.au
- Shannons Insurance http://www.shannons.com.au
- Repco – Narre Warren http://www.repco.com.au
- All Tools – Dandenong http://www.alltools.net
- Just Magazine Publications http://www.justauto.com.au
- Toyota – Australia http://www.toyota.com.au
- Revolution Racegear – Mitcham http://www.revolutionracegear.com.au