- Welcome to MR2 Owners Club of Australia. This website is dedicated to the Toyota MR2 enthusiasts in Australia. It is the portal to the state clubs and the social forum groups.
Please select your state to visit your local MR2 club website.
The 2017 MR2 Wakefield Park Challenge has concluded. The event was held at the Wakefield Park Raceway which included Hillclimb, Drag Race, Full-Circuit Shootout/Sprint Laps, Passenger Laps and Regularity. Many thanks to the organisers (Peter, Sharon and David) and other volunteers for running the sucessful event.
Click on this link for the results and links to the photographs. http://mr2wpc.com/Results.html
Follow this link to see photographs on AO Graphics facebook page https://www.facebook.com/113729941997397/photos/?tab=albums
Mark your calendar for the upcoming MR2 trackday events.
- MR2 Trackday Challenge – Sydney Motorsport Park, 3rd ~ 4th July 2017
- MR2 Wakefield Park Challenge Take 2 – Wakefield Park Raceway, 27th ~ 28th November 2017
- Dates: Friday 29th September 2017 – Monday 2 October 2017.
- Open to all MR2 owners.
- To Register (essential) send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to receive an Entry Form with further information.
- Cost: $50 per MR2 (includes driver, passenger free) this is not much more than a tank full of fuel and pays for the hire of facilities at the Show n Shine & Trophies and the Nationals Dinner venue.
The MR2 Nationals is a bi-annual event that brings together MR2s and their owners from all over Australia for one huge weekend of motoring pleasure. The MR2 Nationals 2017 in Adelaide, S.A. follows the first one in Goulburn 2003, Canberra 2007, Bathurst 2009, Bright 2011, Hobart 2013 and Brisbane in 2015.
Do not miss this major MR2 event, the highlight of the MR2 calendar.
MR2 Nationals 2017 Program
Friday 29th September
Arrive and Registration. MR2 Nationals Headquarters Booked and locked in!!
Saturday 30 September
“Show n Shine” at Birdwood Mill National Motor Museum, Museum entry included. Booked and locked in!!
Saturday evening, the MR2 Nationals 2017 Dinner and Presentation. Booked and locked in!!
Sunday 1st October
MR2 Cruise to Hahndorf, followed by a winery tour taking in some scenic roads for your driving pleasure.
Monday 2nd October (public holiday S.A. QLD, ACT & NSW)
Cruise to Tailem Bend racing circuit (to be confirmed) for a demonstration lap or two.
Tuesday 3rd October
Stay for an optional Four Day Sight Seeing “Tour of Adelaide, Glenelg and Victor Harbour” or Return home at your leisure.
The event was held at the Wakefield Park Raceway on 11th ~ 13th January 2016. The event was a success with around 49 cars competing at the various configurations of the race track. The photos from the events are in AO Graphics facebook page. More photos will be available for viewing as they are currently being processed.
For those without facebook account, you can download photos from this Dropbox link.
For more information about the event, please visit this website: http://www.ultimatetrackdaychallenge.com.au/
For the latest discussions and updates visit MR2 Trackday Challenge facebook page.
MR2 Australia Trackday Challenge 2015 (MTC 2015) entries are now open. The event will be held on 11th ~ 13th January 2016 at the Wakefield Park Raceway.
Visit the website for more details. http://www.ultimatetrackdaychallenge.com.au/
MR2 Nationals was successfully held on the Queen’s Birthday long weekend in Brisbane. The event inluded a track day at the Queensland Raceway, All Jap Show ‘n’ Shine, gala dinner and award presentations, and followed by cruise down the twisty roads of South Eastern Queensland. All entrants enjoyed their motoring experience with this superbly well-organised Nationals event by the Queensland chapter of the MR2 club committee and members. Congratulations to the all award winners. Thanks to all organisers, sponsors and to everyone who attended the event and made it a great event. We look forward to the next MR2 Nationals 2017 in Adelaide.
Photographs from the Event
- Photographs by Greg Coombs can be found in
- More photographs can be found at Shannon Beard Photography facebook page.
- Photographs by Anthony Oh will be uploaded to AOgraphics facebook page and also on this website.
Feedback about the Event
- If you would like to contribute towards MR2 Track Record magazine (Vic club magazine), please write a few paragraphs about your experience on the event and send it to Ian Morrison (email@example.com).
The event orgnisers of the 2015 MR2 Track Day Challenge has invited a special motorsports guest from Japan. Kazumasa Yakushi is a famous MR2 drifter will be attending the track day event that is held on 12th ~ 13th January 2015 at the Wakefield Park Raceway.
Here is a video of Sonic Boom MR2 in drifiting action: Sonic Boom MR2 Drifting.
For more information about the MR2 Trackday and the entry form please visit this website. http://www.ultimatetrackdaychallenge.com.au/
MR2 Nationals is a bi-annual event run by the MR2 clubs of different states. The host of events include track days, scenic drives, show ‘n’ shine and dinner, along with other MR2 owners from all over the Australia. Previous Nationals were held in Canberra/ACT, Bathurst/NSW, Bright/VIC, Hobart/TAS and the next host state is Queensland.
Information on MR2 Nationals 2015 is now posted on the QLD club website. The proposed dates are Queens Birthday long weekend, 6th ~ 8th June 2015.