Sunday 22nd June 2014 –
30th Anniversary of the MR2!!!!
- Date: Sunday 22 June 2014
- Starting location: Alma Doepel carpark, North Wharf Road, Melbourne
(enter via Collins Street)
- Time: 9.00am for egg n bacon Breakfast. Cost $10 per person
(includes entry to the Alma Doepel Restoration Workshop)
- Details: The MR2 Owners Club of Australia (VIC Branch) Inc. is planning to celebrate the 30th Anniversary of the MR2 car show with a breakfast meet in Melbourne on Sunday morning 22 June 2014. All MR2 owners are invited.
Lock the date in your Diary now!!!!May 1984 the first MR2 that was for sale to the public rolled off the assembly line in Japan. That was 30 years ago and we are planning a BIG 30th anniversary event to celebrate the occasion. In 2004 the Victorian Branch of the MR2 Owners Club of Australia held a special event to celebrate the 20th Anniversary of the MR2 with a breakfast at Windows on the Bay in Mordialloc and a cruise to Sorrento. On that occasion we got 65 MR2s together in one place, an Australian record that has not been broken in ten years. It would be fantastic if we could get a similar number, or even more to a 30th Anniversary celebration of the MR2.
- RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org