If you wish to compete in Motor Sport you will need a motor sport competitors licence. At a Club level entry to motor sport these are offered by CAMS at around $100 annually which will allow you to complete with most Clubs organising motor sport events on most circuits.  A cheaper option is a AASA Licence at around $50.00 annually which has limited access to some motor sport events on some circuits.  There in no driving test at this level, you simply need to be a member of an affiliated Club, meet the medical requirement and pay the fee.

Confederation of Australian Motor Sport (CAMS)

The MR2 Owners Club of Australia (VIC Branch) Inc. is affilliated with CAMS

Members of the VIC MR2 Club can obtain a CAMS licence to compete in motor sport events.  An MR2 Club membership card is provided for this purpose.

The MR2 Club recomends a Level 2 Speed Licence. 

A L2S licence entitles the holder to compete in L2NS events plus regularity trials up to National Championship level, single and multi-car speed events (not racing) up to International level, and touring road events that do not run over closed road sections.  Applicants for CAMS competition licences must comply with CAMS medical criteria relevant to their competition level.

Further CAMS Licence types can be found at:

CAMS Licence Forms can be founs at:

Australian Auto Sport Alliance (AASA)

The MR2 Owners Club of Australia (VIC Branch) Inc. accepts AASA Licences for most events on AASA approved circuits.  A variety of circuit licences are available from AASA depending upon the level of competition.

The MR2 Club recommends the AASA Club Licence.

This licence is valid for AASA sanctioned ride days, drive days, test and tune days, regularity events, lap dash / sprint events, touring road events, drift events, motorkhanas / autokhanas, hill climbs, regularities etc. It is not a racing licence and cannot be used to compete in racing events at race meetings. Applicants must complete a medical statement.

To apply for a AASA Club Racing Licence, go to Club Licence Application at: